I have always had a bit of a crush on flamingos or ‘mingos as I sometimes affectionately refer to them. This crush has seemed to festoon into a full-blown obsession as of late, it seems I cannot enter a store or scroll through Instagram without one of those pink, adorable beauties catching my eye. So when Gilit and I teamed up I knew that our combined loved of parties and shared affinity for flamingos would be bound to result in some ah-ma-zing flamingo party ideas! The first (of I am sure many) flamingo-inspired ideas is a cute and super simple Flamingo Party Hat.
- Print out the template provided and using scissors cut out the template shapes.
- Trace the template shapes onto the appropriate colored card stock — the flamingo head on pink cardstock twice, the face details on white cardstock and the beak on black cardstock — then cut out the shapes using scissors staying on the inside of the lines.
- Assemble the pieces of cardstock and adhere together using double sided tape.
- Using a black sharpie add an eye to the flamingo head.
- Make a bend (approximately 1/2″) at the bottom of the flamingo neck, insert the bent part of the cardstock into the slit on the side of the party hat to see where it looks best.
- Once you are satisfied with the placement, apply double sided tape to the folded part of the card stock and secure it to the inside of the hat.
- Using hot glue, attach a few feathers on the side of the hat to resemble wings.
- Place the party hat on top of your head and let’s flamingle!
Here is the Flamingo Party Hat Template! Have fun Flamingling!