Pretzels are having their MOMENT! And I for one am not mad about it.I always pack a bag of Rold Gold Twists anytime the word picnic is mentioned and I am definitely a fan of the soft pretzel. For my soft pretzels, just a sprinkling of salt and I am happy! So today I did a twist (get it!) on a traditional pretzel and candy-fied it. Instead of dough and salt, I used Tootsie Rolls and SPRINKLES to create large candy pretzels, which would be perfect to hand out as favors or on a dessert table at a baseball themed birthday party or end-of-summer BBQ.Tootsie Rolls
- Cut each Tootsie Roll in half using a knife.
- Heat one of the Tootsie Roll pieces for 3-5 seconds in the microwave, until just pliable.
- Roll the Tootsie Roll into a long rope, approximately 8-10 inches long.
- Bring the two ends of the rope together and twist twice, then bring the twisted piece down and gently push the candy pieces together to form a pretzel shape.
- Add sprinkles to the top of the Tootsie Roll Pretzel by gently pushing them into the Tootsie Roll.
I recommend letting these sit out for a few days on waxed paper to harden a bit so that they are not super sticky, this way they will be easier to handle and package.
I want to know, what is your favorite type of pretzel?
Make these and you’ll probably have a new favorite!